Humphrey Anduvate arrested for infecting 46 moms with pubic lice in Kilimani Moms and Dads
Humphrey Anduvate,31 was today arraigned in Kibera Law courts charged with infecting 46 mothers from a facebook group;Kilimani Moms and Dads with pubic lice.Purity Maina,Brenda Wangui,Caro Ngui,Monica Musibega,Hellena Kamanthe ,Cecilia Muoki and others not before the court accuse Anduvate of infecting them with a sexual disease knowingly.
Anduvate has also been accused of soliciting for sex online at a fee from the unsuspecting mothers.He however denied the charges before Magistrate Ngugi Maina and was released on cash bail totalling to ksh 200 000.The hearing of the case has been pushed to 4th April
The habit of men soliciting for sex in facebook groups is increasing exposing both genders to the risk of contracting deadly diseases and unwanted prenancies.
What are Pubic Lice?
- Pubic lice (also called crab lice or “crabs”) are parasitic insects found primarily in the pubic or genital area of humans.
- Pubic lice may occasionally be found on other coarse body hair, such as hair on the legs, armpits, mustache, beard, eyebrows, or eyelashes. Lice found on the head are generally head lice, not pubic lice.
- Signs and symptoms of pubic lice include itching in the genital area and visible nits (lice eggs) or crawling lice.
- Pubic lice usually spread through sexual contact and are most common in adults. Pubic lice found on children may be a sign of sexual exposure or abuse. Pubic lice may be spread by close personal contact or contact with articles such as clothing, bed linens, or towels that have been used by an infested person.
- Treatment for public lice includes a lice-killing lotion containing 1% permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription.